NEWS ON REOPENING
Information & updates on gym changes due to the COVID-19 Virus.
What to expect
when coming back to the gym
This pandemic has brought upon new rules and regulations that we must follow in order to not only be compliant, but also safe and healthy.
Below is a list of new implementations to become familiar with to make your Flushing Forged Fitness experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
- Masks must be worn at all times once you are inside the facility. Yes, even while working out. Please don’t make us the bad guys by enforcing it. Those who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave.
>>This is what New York State says:
- All members or participants in our program are required to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire before every session. This will be kept on record in the event of an audit.
- All members or participants must go through a contactless temperature check.
- Participants are required to maintain 6 feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- Everyone is required to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the facility. There will also be automatic hand sanitizer stations available.
- As we reopen, our capacity is going to be limited to eight (8) participants. Six (6) in the back room and two (2) in the front room. There will not be any outdoor training. This is subject to change.
- Everyone must sign a waiver, updated for COVID-19.
Time Slot Reservations
Everyone must reserve their spot for the time they wish to attend. Reservations are done
through the Wodify app ONLY.There will be no reservations via phone call, text, or email.
Please note the following rules for reservations to make it fair for your fellow members:
- Reservations are open 72 hours in advance
- You can reserve up until the start of the time slot you are choosing
- If unable to attend, you must cancel at least three (3) hours prior to start time. If you cancel less than three hours prior, that session is forfeited and no credit will be given.
- If you reserve and do not attend the session, your account will automatically be charged a $15+tax no-show fee as well as forfeiture of the session with no credit or refund given.
- You must sign in at the front desk prior to beginning your workout.
New Membership Changes
- Beginning 9/8, we will be implementing all new membership options. You are welcome to view them all on our website HERE .
- Membership options are now 3x/week, 4x/week, and 5x/week.
- All memberships are now billed on an “every 4-week” basis.
- We are no longer having “paid in full” memberships or membership holds.
- All memberships are now cashless. A valid credit/debit card or bank account is required.
- As we ease into reopening, our temporary schedule can be found on our website HERE.
- Please note that we are now open six (6) days per week, Sunday – Friday. The gym will be closed on Saturdays for cleaning.
- Under the rules set by the Mayor, group fitness instruction of any kind, indoors or outdoors, is strictly prohibited (don’t ask us why).
>>This is what New York State says:
- Every day, for every session, the appropriate equipment necessary will already be set us at each station, cleaned and ready for use. Workout movement demonstrations will be pre-recorded and accessible via the Wodify app. Please refer to these videos prior to your workout if you feel the need to.
- Please note that this is NOT an open gym free-for-all. Things will be structured just as a class would be: warm up, strength, and conditioning in a 45 minute workout. This allows us to control what equipment will be touched that day, what to clean, and provide a 15 minute buffer to clean up and clear out before the next time slot begins.
- The first floor locker room area will be temporarily closed. We ask members to only bring items needed during their class.
- The second floor of the gym will be temporarily closed.
- The gym will now be chalk free. Bringing in powdered chalk is prohibited. Using your own personal “liquid chalk” is allowed.
- Refilling personal water bottles at the water cooler is no longer permitted.
- Equipment must be sprayed and wiped down with the provided supplies after use.
- Spectators, children, or visitors are not allowed to wait inside of the facility.
- If you are feeling sick, or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Please help us out by following our new rules and guidelines to allow Flushing Forged Fitness to be a safe, healthy environment for all!
The above list is subject to change with or without notice.
We are preparing to reopen 9/8!
With New York State lifting the mandated closures of gyms, we are preparing to welcome you back!
Although the Governor has said gyms may reopen on 8/24, the mayor has noted 9/2 as the opening date. This is dependent upon the availability of inspectors which are working on schools and daycare centers. In the meantime, we will be preparing the gym for your much awaited return!
Our #1 priority is your health. We are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe. Here are some things to expect.
You must wash your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
We are stocking up on extra cleaning supplies. Our culture is already very good about cleaning our equipment and we want to encourage you to continue to do so. If you want to be extra safe, wipe before as well.
We are adding to our routine cleaning schedule to include additional bathroom and main floor cleaning.
Our coaches will be helping make sure everything is wiped down, wiping down doors and other high traffic areas as well. Feel free to jump in and help them out!
If you are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms of illness, we advise you to stay home. The same goes for the kiddos.
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves but for our entire gym family.
Check the CDC for the latest information.
New York State released a detailed list of guidelines and instructions for reopening that we are reviewing to ensure all of the criteria are being met and/or exceeded for our members’ safety.
Hey Flushing Forged family,
We wanted to use this page to talk a little about health.
Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness.
A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether a person survives or not.
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don’t work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Nutrition. Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar.
- Water. Drink plenty of it. You’re made of it.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.